At Weir and Sons, Grafton Street, our Service Department undertake a wide range of watch and jewellery repairs on all manner of items. We have a dedicated in-house team of experienced Watchmakers who carry out service work to brands such as Rolex, Omega and Tag Heuer. We also have a team of highly trained Goldsmiths, Master Engravers, Silver Polishers and Watch and Jewellery Valuers. From battery replacements, watch overhaul services (including vintage items), jewellery repairs, silver repairs, engraving, polishing, pearl restringing to watch, jewellery and antique silver valuations for insurance and probate our service centre staff are happy to advise you how to best care for your treasured items.
To book an appointment for any of the following services please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +353 1 6779678.
RING SIZING PRICE LIST
Sterling Silver ring up one size €25.00. €10.00 per size thereafter
9ct yellow ring up one size €40.00. €15.00 per size thereafter
9ct white ring up one size €50.00. €15.00 per size thereafter
18ct yellow ring up one size €70.00. €30.00 per size thereafter
18ct white ring up one size €70.00. €45.00 per size thereafter
Platinum ring up one size €120.00. €50.00 per size thereafter
RING PLATING & POLISHING PRICE LIST
Ring re-plating for white gold rings is available and conducted by our in-house goldsmith. We also offer a polishing service for platinum and palladium rings.
White Gold Rhodium plate €45.00
Platinum/Palladium Ring Polish €45.00
JEWELLERY SERVICES PRICE LIST
Jewellery Valuation - €125 for first item + €25 for every additional item thereafter
Pearl restring - prices from €60
WATCH SERVICE PRICE LIST
Battery replacement - €15 for standard battery without reseal
Battery replacement - €25 for luxury watch brands
Battery & reseal conducted in-house for TAG Heuer - €65
Battery & reseal conducted in-house for Omega - €90
In-house watch service - prices from €200
In-house Rolex service - prices from €680
To book an appointment for any of these services please email email@example.com or call +353 1 6779678.
Our Weir and Sons branch in the Dundrum Town Centre will also be happy to advise you with any queries you may have in relation to the care and attention of your items. For your convenience items may be booked in and collected from our Dundrum Town Centre branch for assessment by our Grafton Street Service Department. You can call to speak to our Dundrum Town Centre branch at +353 1 2157845 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions of Repairs Services
1. Any items sent externally from Weir and Sons for estimate incur a FIXED CHARGE; PATEK PHILIPPE a charge starting from €225 applies, BREITLING a charge from €90 applies, HUBLOT a charge from €75 applies, all other brands a charge of €50 applies, if on provision of the estimate the proposed repair is DECLINED FOR ANY REASON. These charges cover the secure transportation of the item and the cost incurred by Weir and Sons from the supplier in the preparation of the estimate
2. I have read, understand and agree to the terms and conditions as stated above and overleaf. I acknowledge that all items are covered fully by my own insurance
3. Articles must be covered by the terms of the Customer’s own insurance policy when in our care as they are not covered by the insurance of ‘Weir & Sons’.
4. Articles may be sent to an external agency and/ or abroad for repair or estimate. This may be undertaken without further authority from the customer.
5. All articles not collected within 60 days of notification of their availability will be sold to recover the cost of labour and materials.
6. Dates quoted for return of articles are approximate only and ‘Weir & Sons’ shall not be liable for any loss due to delay, howsoever caused.
7. Differences may arise between the original specifications and/ or finish of an article and in the aftermath of a repair - viz unavoidable marks may be rendered to the case of a watch in circumstances where pressure must be applied to open the watch. Any parts supplied during a repair are done so on an exchange basis - old/used parts are not returned.
8. The description of any article is based on a visual inspection only. Terms such as: ‘silver’, ‘gold’, ‘pearl’, ‘diamond’, ‘Rolex’... etc. May be used in a descriptive manner only and does not necessarily indicate the actual quality of an item.
9. No watch is guaranteed to be water-resistant after examination or repair unless specifically stated to be so.
10. We can only guarantee actual work carried out. In the event of any part-job repair, only said repair will carry a warranty.
11. Watch overhauls and most part-jobs carry a limited 12 month warranty. However some repairs may have a shorter warranty (e.g. pearl restringing: 6 months). All warranties exclude accidental damage and damage due to misuse. All warranties are effective from the date of job completion.
12. The ‘charge’ is based on an initial examination only and is subject to revision after further examination.
13. The customer is advised to check, prior to leaving the store (i) the receipt issued to them upon leaving an article and (ii) the same upon collection, as any mistakes cannot be subsequently rectified. Articles shall be inspected at the time of collection and unless the customer notifies ‘Weir & Sons’ of any defect which would be apparent from a reasonable inspection, articles shall be deemed to be free of such defects.
14. No order for repair/valuation may be cancelled except with the agreement of ‘Weir & Sons’ and on the terms that the customer shall indemnify ‘Weir & Sons’ in full against all loss (including loss of profits), costs (including the cost of all labour and materials used) and expenses incurred by ‘Weir & Sons’ as a result of cancellation.